June 30, 2023
Creative Pod is a unique, full-service agency based in Manor Royal, Crawley – established in 2006. Our multi-award-winning team delivers strategic and creative campaigns which amplify your brand. Covering all aspects of design, marketing and print, we take the time to get to know your business objectives and goals. We add exceptional value through clearly defined understanding, strategy, execution and analysis, building all campaigns under one roof. By choosing to work with us, you can benefit from a team of experienced account handlers, marketers and designers who manage clients’ campaigns from start to finish. We cherish our long-standing relationships with our clients, becoming an essential facet within their business, often working alongside clients as their outsourced PR, marketing and design department.
After a sustained period of growth, a Senior Marketing Executive is needed to join a well-established, growing Marketing and Design Company in Crawley. Reporting directly to the Marketing Director, this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your marketing career.
Right from the get-go, as a Senior Marketing Exec, you’ll be responsible for managing the marketing activity of some of our fantastic clients, their ideas and their iconic projects, as well as managing two Marketing Executives. We are a full-service marketing agency, meaning your role will involve taking the lead on the marketing strategy and planning, managing the social media accounts for your clients (Tik Tok, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram), creating quality blog content and press releases, email marketing campaigns, direct mail campaigns, PPC, out-of-home and much more. As a key member of the marketing team, this role reports directly to the Marketing Director. Working alongside two other Senior Marketing Executives, you will be responsible for supporting your Marketing Executives and your clients in the promotion of Creative Pod’s services to potential clients and will be responsible for helping to increase your client’s brand awareness by creating engaging and creative campaigns to meet their marketing objectives.
As a senior member of the team, we expect you to set high standards within the team and work closely with the Marketing Director to support with the role out of client campaigns, presenting new ideas and department improvement. Therefore, we are looking for someone with previous experience and someone who can hit the ground running, to help shape this role further.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to take a step up in their career, with fantastic possibilities for career progression to Manager level.
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy (often as part of a wider sales and marketing programme)
- Communicate with target audiences and build and develop customer relationships
- Lead on the delivery of your client’s marketing plans, advertising, direct marketing and campaigns
- Support the Marketing Director in delivering agreed strategic departmental activities
- Support the Marketing Director in the management of your sub-team of 2-5 Marketing Executives as your direct reports, this includes all areas of recruitment, induction, motivation, appraisal and discipline.
- Attend and contribute to Management Meetings and Senior Leadership Meetings.
- Source advertising opportunities and place adverts in the press or on the radio
- Work closely with the in-house design team to create high-quality marketing materials such as brochures, flyers, billboards and adverts
- Write and proofread marketing copy for both online and print campaigns
- Produce creative content, including social media posts, blog posts, press releases etc
- Manage your client’s social media channels (e.g. Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn) to enhance audience engagement
- Where relevant help to organise and attend events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions
- Where relevant source and secure sponsorship and advertising opportunities
- Liaise with designers and printers where required to implement marketing campaigns
- Arrange the effective distribution of marketing materials
- Maintain and update customer databases
- Evaluate and review marketing campaigns, advertising and SEO to make sure the correct mediums are being used and campaigns are effective
- Track marketing performance and return on investment and prepare weekly or monthly reports for clients
- Monitor and report on competitor activity
- Conduct market research, for example using customer questionnaires and focus groups
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external stakeholders
- Lead external agencies / relationships, when appropriate, to effectively manage events, press relationships, editorial requests, presentations, promotional materials and online activities (alongside the PR executive)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- A self-starter, incredibly driven, high competence, flexibility and a willingness to learn
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Customer-facing skills
- Commercial awareness and business acumen
- The ability to think strategically
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to cope with pressure
- Creativity, imagination and initiative
- Good teamwork, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Business awareness and a good knowledge of current affairs.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills in evaluating marketing campaigns
- A flexible approach to work
The successful candidate must be creative and highly organised with a positive attitude. Skills in Microsoft Office are essential. Adobe suite (i.e Photoshop / Indesign Skills are highly desirable).
- A self-starter with a positive attitude
- Minimum of 3-4 years experience in a similar or Marketing Executive level role
- A degree (or equivalent) in one of the following areas:
o Business or management
o Communication and media studies
o English and creative writing
- Agency experience (extremely desirable)
- Proficient in PPC (is a must)
- Previous team-leading experience (extremely desirable)
- Previous B2B experience
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing, marketing strategy and Google Analytics
- PPC experience is highly desirable
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Excellent written skills and the ability to adapt content to different audiences
- Thoroughness, accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of developing relationships with journalists, selling stories and managing enquiries
- Critical thinking combined with a creative mindset
- Highly dedicated, entrepreneurial and self-motivated with a strong work ethic and go-getter attitude
- Disciplined and organised yet flexible and responsive
- Deep understanding of the social media landscape
- Great teammate. Keeps a balance between personal accountability and delivery through teamwork
- Capacity to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- £29,000-£32,000 per annum
- Full-time, 40 hours per week
- 30 days holiday a year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working hours
- Brand new, modern offices
- Fun working environment
- Team weekend aways and social events
- Government Pension Plan
* Please note, some occasional evening and weekend work is part of the role.